MAY 8-11 / 2024
10MI / 50K / 50MI / 100MI / 200MI
12ºC / 54ºF
600 Mts. / 1960 ft.
Nestled in the foothills of the Green Mountains, the Peak Race Bloodroot Ultra trail race is hosted in the rustic New England town of Pittsfield, Vt. Offering various distances that explore the trails of Green Mountain National Forest and terrain on the Spartan Race Founder Joe DeSena, this event will not disappoint! You’ll come to find the true magic of ‘people inspiring people’ through our unique race experience designed to help you not only discover the beauty of the Vermont mountains but yourself as well. Get ready to Go Beyond Your Limits!
Join us in 2024 for the 10 miler, 50K, 50 miler, 100 miler and 200-mile individual/relay.
All Registrations include an event t-shirt + Finisher Spartan Forge.
Are you ready for the Bloodroot Ultra? Not your typical ultra…
Event’s frequently asked questions and important information.
Start Times/ Packet Pickup:
- May 8: 200 Miler | Check-In 6:15 AM – 6:45 AM| Athlete Briefing 6:50 AM | Start 7 AM.
- May 10: 100 Miler | Check-In 6:15 AM – 6:45 AM | Athlete Briefing 6:50 AM | Start 7 AM.
- May 10: Packet Pickup ALL SATURDAY Distances: 4 PM to 7 PM.
- May 11: 50 Miler, 50K, 10 Miler | Check-In 6:15 AM – 6:45 AM | Athlete Briefing 6:50 AM | Start 7 AM.
Must begin the final 10-mile loop at Riverside Farm by 6:00 PM (Headlamp Mandatory)
COURSE CLOSES 9 PM SHARP!
Safety is our highest concern therefore, Peak Races reserves the right to modify Course and Course Cut-Offs at any time, for any reason, including weather, environmental, or other unforeseen variables.
All Participants are required to bring a headlamp.
All Peak Races events will comply with local COVID safety guidance.
This is a Self Supported race, however, we do have aid stations at various intervals. Please come prepared with the proper gear, including your own labeled drop bag, nutrition, hydration pack, and anything else you deem necessary to ensure you have a fun race.
Aid Stations include water, electrolytes, and limited nutrition.If these distances change the racers will be briefed before each race & during check-in, the details will be available.
Riverside Trails – 3 Aid Stations
Bloodroot Trail – 4 to 5 Aid Stations/ Checkpoints
Drop bags will be collected upon check-in and shuttled to your selected designated Aid Station.
Mandatory Safety Procedure
- All Racers must check out at the finish line or with official race staff when they leave or finish the race.
- Headlamps required for 500, 200, and 100 Miler events.
- All Racers MUST return race chips to the timing team located at the Start/Finish.
- NO DOGS, NO Exceptions.
- Don’t Litter.
- Don’t Cut the course.
- Please don’t miss your start time.
- We will be sweeping the course.
- We value our volunteers that make these events possible, please thank them, and be respectful. If you are a victim of the time hack it’s for your own safety.
- The course closes at 9 pm.
Rutland Southern Vermont Regional Airport (RUT) is the nearest airport that is a quick 30-minute drive. The most popular option for airports is Burlington (BTV) with a drive of approximately 90 minutes. Additionally, Boston is just under a 3-hour drive if you wish to fly into Logan International airport (BOS).
- Philadelphia, PA: Under 6 Hours.
- NYC, NY: Under 5 Hours.
- Boston, MA: Under 3 Hours.
- Montreal, QC, CAN: 3 Hours.
- Hartford, CT: 3 Hours.
- Portland, ME: 3.5 Hours.
- Albany, NY: 2 Hours.
- Manchester, NH: 2 Hours.
- Rutland, VT: 30 Minutes.
Want to be a part of the experience?
Volunteer for the Bloodroot Ultra by helping with the course setup festival setup, assisting runners at aid stations, and more. Email Race Director Luis Escobar.
Follow this link to view the course. Exact route subject to change. https://caltopo.com/m/14JEB
Follow this link to view the course. Exact route subject to change. https://caltopo.com/m/JHG3J
Camping is available free in the Green Mountain National Forest. First, dispersed camping may be found on Michigan Road in Pittsfield / Stockbridge, VT.
You are responsible for your own tent and supplies. Please note that camping is not associated with Riverside Farm or Peak Races events and cannot be held accountable for any broken, lost, or stolen gear.